Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Words from the Plus Size Healthy Woman


WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT TO A HEALTHIER YOU

First, you must love you regardless of how you feel or look. But, you have to know when doing right will benefit YOUR life – not anyone else. I made a list before I started this change, and said to myself why I need to do this for ME. You have to just start and not look back. You will have bad days, but you will have AWESOME days. Do not harp on the days you cheat; make it up with healthier decisions going forward.

On the evening I started this change, I realized that I had enough, and I ignored all the bad food I ate earlier that day. I knew what I needed to do at that time and going forward, not dwelling on the past. When I say I feel AWESOME, and it has now been over 6 months, boy do I mean it! Yes, I just got out of the 300s, but my body is changing internally and externally. I accepted the choices I made in my past and vow to change them for ME. No more EXCUSES. I didn't gain it overnight, and know I will not change overnight. I know what I need to do, and what not to do. The key is PREPARATION. Now I PLAN my meals, and know what I am going to eat before I actually do it! When I shop, I make sure my house is stocked with HEALTHIER choices; no more cheat snacks in my way. I no longer care about what people have to say, especially if it is negative – only POSITIVE thoughts. When I go to people's houses, I go with my healthy snacks and meals in tow - no room for excuses. I pledged a Greek sorority, and Greeks live by this motto, 'Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent; they build monuments of nothingness.'

If you want this, then make it HAPPEN. Do not STOP – keep pushing, and make sure you reach the GOAL you set for YOURSELF – forget about what people or society say you should be. Love you, and care enough about wanting to change – you can make the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment