Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Milestone Reached -80 OFF!!!!


So, today I reached a milestone – I am officially 80 pounds down.  Am I excited? Yes! I am actually proud of myself because I never thought I would be able to successfully accomplish such a huge task.

 When I think back to the night of October 15, 2012, I had no plan as to how I was going to lose the weight. I knew I needed to lose weight and get on track. It never occurred to me that I would get close to 400 pounds, and even as my clothes got tighter, and it became necessary to wear my girdle every day to make my clothes look half decent, I was still in denial. Yesterday I was looking at a picture of myself back in August 2012. I thought I was hot stuff. My girdle and Squeem made my clothes look good on me – I felt good in my clothes because I had become accustomed to me being that big.

 
So, the reality was I knew I was massively overweight. Yes, I knew carrying around the weight was unhealthy. I knew my weight had some impact on most of my pain episodes. I was aware my weight might have had some impact on my miscarriage. It was clear, but I never stopped. My late night trips to McDonald’s were frequent – the drive thru was my best friend. I loved eating Chinese food, and making sure I had enough food to last an entire day because I had no intentions of leaving my house. Being overweight and unhealthy was clear in my face, but I was not ready, and that is the critical aspect for anyone in my old situation.

Seeing that I can find easy ways to live healthy and happy has allowed me the opportunity to continue this awesome journey. When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feed sluggish, but I do look forward to what I will face that day. People constantly refer to my lifestyle as a diet, but I remind them how it is far from a diet. This is the way I plan and choose to live for the rest of my life. I love how I know my body now. I can tell when I have eaten too much. I can decipher when I need a detox. I know when I have “gained” a few pounds. I am so mindful of things that I never paid any attention to before.

This morning I spoke to my Mom, and she asked me if I ever imagined my life would be what it has become, and before she could finish, I said, “No.” I am honest. Usually after a few months, I get tired and give up. My pattern was 2-3 months of success, but then I stop. I allow the few compliments to get to my head and lose all motivation. The temptation of fast food and the snacks I adore took control of my mind, and I would say it will not hurt me. My life was a train wreck, but I am happy that I did not destroy myself. I am happy I did not push myself to the point where I lost control and diabetes or high blood pressure took over. Although I know my family traits, I was stubborn and was NEVER READY. Well, I was ready October 15, 2012, when the scale read OVER THE LIMIT… That was my breaking point, and here I am 9 months later – 80 pounds down… So from 350 pounds to 270, and I am just 20 pounds from the first 100 off

Will you join me on this journey?
I’ve lost 22.86% of my body

weight = 80 pounds off

My BMI was 56.6 (VERY SEVERELY OBESE)
I am now… 43.6 (OBESE)

I DID NOT PUT THE WEIGHT ON OVERNIGHT, AND I WILL NOT LOSE IT OVERNIGHT!!!

THIS IS NOT A RACE!!!

REAL RESULTS!!!! NO GIMMICKS! NO DIETS! NO PILLS! Just HEALTHY!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment