Saturday, June 15, 2013

Healthy Tip: Stay Motivated

Being healthy is one of the most difficult things for people. We look for ways to improve our lives, but at the end of the day, we do not have the motivation to stay consistent with it. I've been asked many times, "How are you so successful at this?" Simple answer, "I know where I was at before, and refuse to revert back to that life."

When you realize how much you can do, the only thing you do is continue. You find ways to motivate yourself because you should have a goal. Going into a serious journey with no plan could lead to failure, but some people as they progress through the process, they find that one thing they need in order to keep them pushing pass the negative or temptation.

Losing weight was not just a goal, but it was a requirement. As I stated in other posts, I have no desire to ever be skinny, but I have the need to want to be healthy. But, the end result is: be healthy. I have people to attempt to get me to lose focus, but I remind myself of all I have overcome, and the one slip up could hinder my success. I have a plan and I stick to it. If I bring lunch to work - I eat it. If I say I am going to work out - I do it. I remain consistent and try very hard to not make excuses.

Find your motivation. Sometimes you need support, and through this journey, you definitely need support. People who understand what you want and can offer you the assistance you need will be there for you, but you have to want their support. Imagine trying to provide motivation to someone, and you are constantly talking to them, but they are not doing or listening to what you say. So, if you have that external, positive motivation, then utilize them. Keep them in your ear because most times, they have been in your shoes one way or another.

Continue to strive for that healthy lifestyle. Surround yourself with people who believe in you. If you are in need of a coach, visit: www.successweight.com, or "Like" SuccessWeightProgram on FB.

TW aka Plus Size Health Nut

No comments:

Post a Comment